You have given me your support. I want to keep it.
Over the next 4 years, I promise to:
- Get Gravenhurst finances in order. - Every major decision will be challenged for consequences about immediate and future costs. I will press for budgets to stay within the rate of inflation.
- Stimulate the creation of good jobs. - Jobs which offer a future for our youth and year-round stability for Gravenhurst.
- Identify Gravenhurst's future opportunities. - Including specific economic opportunities to complement tourism and recreation. We've got the data for a focused multiyear economic development strategy. We must use it.
- Set standards for Council and staff for improved town management.
- Ensure Council listens.
To do this, I will immediately:
- Request budget guidelines that keep the 2011 budget within the rate of inflation.
- Contact the clerk and ask for a review of the procedural by-law to ensure budget items are known before delegation deadlines.
- Contact mayor, Paisley Donaldson, and request an immediate start with council input to a new strategic plan. My e-mail will be posted for all to see.
Watch the website for progress.
Join with us to make change!
Call Lola Bratty at 705-684-8315, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.